Community Initiatives & Employee Programs
All are welcome here
We stand for including everyone. We believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is a more effective company, leading us to approach diversity as a driver for business growth and innovation.
Our initiative for better
Together we are strong—that’s why we created the Better Together initiative.
Our goal is to strengthen our communities and company culture through focused programs that attract diverse talent and promote inclusion and equity through education, resources and community impact.
We drive our Better Together initiative through three areas of focus:
Programs supporting diverse talent acquisition and retention
- We form partnerships with diverse candidate sources
- We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities
- We create communities where employees can connect and be recognized through our network of Employee Resource Groups. We support and prioritize diverse vendors and suppliers
Local community investments
- We partner with local organizations who share our mission to positively impact the lives of young people in underserved communities
- We provide our SportsEngine HQ software for free to sports organizations serving at-risk youth in under-resourced communities through our software grant program. Apply here.
- We support local programs who are providing opportunities for social, emotional, and physical development through sport
National partnerships and programs
- We contribute more than $1 million annually to help our partners grow
- We team up with organizations focused on growing participation in sport across all levels of play.
- We join our partners and use our collective voice to lobby for increased safety standards in sports
- We support organizations to promote equity and leverage our tech platforms for good
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of our core values, shape our culture, and drive our business. We continue to build and refine our strategy to further our commitment.
We celebrate diverse cultures and backgrounds by presenting positive role models, telling diverse success stories, commemorating heritage, and fostering dialogue on a variety of platforms to create powerfully engaging content that makes a real difference in people’s lives.
View more DEI initiatives at NBCUniversal
Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
Our parent company, NBCUniversal, is home to some of the first ERGs in corporate America.
ERGs help ensure our company is welcoming to all, and a place where people can consistently bring their full and entire selves to work.
Diverse talent recruitment
We partner with NBC Talent Acquisition and People of Color Careers to find and recruit diverse talent across.
We are proud to be part of the future of DEI Hiring in America.
Supplier diversity program
In an effort to advance economic inclusion, we establish partnerships to promote brands owned and operated by people of diverse backgrounds.